Drug development is a multidisciplinary affair that requires many different skillsets in order to successfully advance a drug asset. However, it is often the case during the course of a drug development program that certain skills are only necessary for a specific stage. This leads companies, especially smaller biotechs, to rely on the use of various consultants to provide particular expertise throughout the evolution of the study. In an effort to address this industry’s needs, and to facilitate the ability to find highly skilled and vetted consultants, InSymbiosis has established its Experts Network. Our platform enables biopharma companies to access the diverse consulting skills they desire; whether it be for building long-term consulting relationships, or for an on-demand service when an expert is needed temporarily. By combining our in-house experts with a growing lineup of external consultants, InSymbiosis’ Experts Network aims to become the “go-to” place for finding and engaging experienced drug development experts on a consulting basis. Further, as we all know the benefits of a collaborative team, our platform allows biopharma’s to put an expert consultant to the test before hiring them onto a project. Lastly, another goal of our network was to assist in increasing the industry exposure of our current and future consultants by showcasing their professional background and expertise.
Allow us to introduce our current network of Preclinical Research Expert Consultants; a combination of both internal and external consultants:
- Alain Guimond is a senior drug developer and executive who has over 20 years of academic (National Research Council, Canada) and industrial (Topigen Pharma, InSymbiosis/InSynchrony Ventures) experience in drug development. Alain assists his biotech and pharma clients in the design and management of toxicology, regulatory and CMC programs. Alain obtained his PhD in Molecular Biology from Université de Laval, Canada.
- Karl-Rudolf (Rudi) Erlemann is a seasoned drug developer and executive who has nearly 15 years of experience in managing non-clinical drug development programs with a special focus on efficacy, DMPK and toxicology studies. Rudi gained his extensive experience in both CRO (Charles River Labs) and consulting (InSymbiosis) environments where his priority was, and continues to be, supporting both biotech and pharma clients. He was awarded his MSc in Biophysics as well as his PhD in Biochemistry from the Humboldt University in Berlin (the latter in conjunction with the McGill University in Montreal, Canada).
- Michael Wood is a senior executive with over 18 years of experience (AstraZeneca) in the CNS realm. He brought CNS active drugs through pharmacology and toxicology campaigns, hunted for new drugs, and performed due diligence. He has a vast amount of experience coordinating internal and external collaborations. He acquired his PhD in Pharmacology and Toxicology from the Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
- Ron Wolff has over 40 years of experience in toxicology with special expertise in inhalation toxicology and pulmonary drugs. Ron has been at the forefront of furthering drug development through the use of animal models for pharmacologic and toxicologic evaluations. He earned his PhD in Medical Biophysics at the University of Toronto and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology.
- Mark Duggan has over 30 years of leadership experience in small biotechnology companies and multinational pharmaceutical companies. Mark successfully led drug development programs in the areas of bone biology, endocrinology, oncology, and neuroscience. Mark has extensive experience in drug discovery, preclinical development, external collaborations, and outsourcing. Mark received his PhD in Organic Chemistry from the University of Pennsylvania.
If we have piqued your interest and you would like to either get in touch with one of our preclinical experts above, become a consultant for our Experts Network, or would like to learn more about it, come and visit our Experts Network page or email us!
The InSymbiosis Team